Providing Innovative Solutions For The Magnetic Recording Industry
ISI QST Upgrade and V7 Software Announcement
SANTA CLARA, CA – January 27, 2015: Integral Solutions International, ISI, the world’s leading manufacturer of Quasi-Static testers for the data storage industry, announced today information related to QST Upgrade and ‘V7’ software.
Extension to yearend 2015: BlazerX6-PLUS Upgrades for BlazerX5 Bar Testers
Extension to yearend 2015: QST2002-PLUS Upgrades for non-PLUS Tabletop HGA/HSA/HDA QST2002 Testers
Extension to yearend 2015: QST2002E-PLUS Upgrades for non-PLUS Rackmount QST2002E Testers
At the request of our customers ISI will be extending the availability of these three Upgrades through the end of 2015, with an updated PN and pricing effective Jan-1 2015. However, any Upgrades ordered during this year under this new pricing must be completed by yearend 2015.
EOL reminder yearend 2014: Support Termination for V5/V6 Quasi97 Software Platforms
Following our Mar-2014 V7 Software Licensing Terms announcement, all software support for V5/V6 Software Platforms has terminated as of yearend 2014. Starting Jan-2015 all new software developments, including upgrades to all Software Peripherals such as Preamp Drivers, Barcont, EPS-100, QuadPole, Wafer, etc, will only be available under the V7 software platform. To preserve continuity of software support, if not already done so ISI highly recommends upgrading to the latest V7 software platform. Further, ISI highly recommends customers keep their annual V7 Software Maintenance for each QST Tester up-to-date, in order to have continued access to the latest releases of V7 Software and Software Peripherals.
Important information regarding V7 Software and Licensing
The following conditions have taken effect starting Jan-2015:
1. To continue having access to the latest releases of V7 Software and Software Peripherals the annual V7 Software Maintenance must be renewed. As example, unless already renewed, any QST system either purchased new or upgraded to “PLUS” during 2013, or any V7 software license purchased during 2013, will have a V7 Software Maintenance period that already expired at the end of Dec-2014. ISI highly recommends that, for each tester, you review the expiration date of your V7 Software license and request a quote for the yearly renewal if necessary. For convenience, starting within 2 months of expiration each time a V7 Software Setup is selected a popup window showing the end of the V7 Maintenance period for that tester will appear, and we are allowing a 60-day grace period for renewal after expiration. As per the V7 Software Licensing Terms, a reminder that after this grace period if this Maintenance term is allowed to expire then the cost for renewal reverts back to the Initial V7 Software License Fee.
2. Although Microsoft has already terminated WinXP OS support, through the end of 2015 the V7 software will continue to support WinXP in order to allow customers the time to transition to Win7. This OS transition must be done prior to yearend 2015. V7 will also be transitioning fully to 64-bit by the end of 2015, so Win7-64bit OS is recommended.
3. Once a V7 license is generated and installed on a particular tester that license may be invalidated if the V5/V6 software is reused. Throughout 2014 ISI has not charged for regeneration of any V7 software licenses due to this invalidation. With V5/V6 now at EOL, starting Jan-2015 regeneration of any V7 License due to V5/V6 usage will require the same charge as the Initial V7 Software License fee.
4. Software support for the Gen1 1xHGA Tooling, Gen2 2xHGA Tooling, and Gen2 2xBarInterface Tooling is no longer available under V7 (these hardware Toolings have already been announced as EOL).
5. Software support for VB6-designed software modules will no longer be available under V7. Starting this year the V7 software will only support software modules in .NET version 4.0.
The March-2014 V7 Software
Licensing Terms announcement contains a typographical error. The last
sentence of the third paragraph should read:
Integral Solutions International (ISI) is a privately held California based US Corporation, established in September 1995. ISI provides worldwide customer support from the United States, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, China, and Hong-Kong.
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.